Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Croatia Day 5: Alan

Alan threw a gauntlet in my face so I could not ignore this provocation! "I will climb you, Alan" - that was my only thought from the moment I had to turn back in the middle of the route. And I made my promise, I came back.




There is not so much to talk about the route. Rocky mountains are the best!
But I have to say that although I did conquer Alan, I am not entirely sure who won the battle... It turned out that Alan is not so much a summit, rather a mountain shelter that can be reached by car. The shelter workers were very surprised that anyone chose to reach it on foot...
Anyhow, it turned out that from Alan all hiking roads begin, so we had to chose a relatively short one (since we were already tired after hiking a total ascent of 1101 m). We were recommended to climb on Buljma and we did. The views... spectacular.




It was a very pleasant moment - to be on the top of the mountain, to feel the cold breeze, to watch the islands just like on the map. Alan, you were a worthy opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment