Saturday, December 6, 2014

Marché de Noël in Coppet


Christmas is coming. I really can't hide my excitation, I am like a child when it comes to celebrations. And Christmas is like the queen of all celebrations to me. I just love this time. I love everything about it - Christmas songs starting early November, lovely decorated cities all sparkling with lights, choosing gifts for family, sending postcards... And the time spent with family and friends during Christmas is just magical to me. I really wait all year long for this period (and although it sounds like I am exaggerating - I am not!). Christmas markets are a part of the charm and I try to attend at least one of them. The one in Coppet is really nice, situated in an old castle in a little village close to Geneva.







Having tried vin chaud (widely known as Gluhwine or mulled wine) and having bought 3l of it, we entered the castle chambers to submerge ourselves in Christmas spirit. Wow, so many inspirations - for gifts, Christmas decor, dishes... I really had to limit myself and we ended up buying truffle cheese which is the best cheese I have ever tasted, some smoked ham and formerly mentioned Gluhwine.





No comments:

Post a Comment