Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pointe de Bellevue (2041 m)


I really longed for a proper hike and was very excited about the one we were supposed to have that day. But I also chickened out a bit and settled for a not-so-challenging route which turned out to be a mistake. I mean, don't get me wrong, the hike was very nice but I had a bit of a feeling of dissatisfaction afterwards - like I wanted more that day but the route had finished... Anyway, we will have a chance to have another one so nothing's lost.
But to the point - our destination: Pointe de Bellevue - which in translation would be Peak of Beautiful View. It really was, but I'll get to that later.
We started our hike on a very steep meadow where we gained elevation super quickly. It wasn't a real trail, we just crossed the field where convenient for us. We didn't intend it, we were following someone else's gpx track that had been named as the official route. Bummer.







What I liked most about this hike was the constant presence of Dents du Midi. Most of the hikes we do here are more in vicinity of Mont Blanc. It's funny because every time I see Mont Blanc it tempts me to climb it some day. And when I was close to Dents du Midi it made me wanna hike them again since last time we were there we didn't have perfect conditions and it's this kind of mountain that you wanna see crystal clear all around you.
Back to Pointe de Bellevue - our route there was pretty easy and as soon as we left the grassy steep hill behind us, we equipped our snowshoes and continue along the slopes straight to the top. From there we had a really nice view around the valleys and to the surrounding tops. Although there was no sunshine, we could see as far as the Italian mountains.



It was pretty windy up there so after a couple of photo shots we continued our hike down the marked trail to the ski station, where we took the already known off track path. It was a nice walk but made me want a bit more.




Stats: Max altitude: 2041m; elevation gain: 800m; Length: 7.3 km; Duration: 3h 40min

No comments:

Post a Comment