Thursday, April 20, 2017

Tuscany Day 2: Pisa and Lucca


My intent for this holiday was to take it slow and not to run around. We partially managed to fulfill this :) I also have to admit, this was one of the worst prepared vacation of my life time. I didn't spend as much time as I wanted on finding the best things to do and see. So at times we improvised or followed brochures that got into our hands while being there. However, we both decided that such must-sees like Pisa or Florence will be in our schedule. And although I hate visiting cities, I enjoyed both of them. But we saw only a small piece of the two. Vacation with two little children is not really vacation :) It's just changing the place of a day-to-day parenthood - a chore that never ends.




Because we were sightseeing with children, we didn't get to see the inside of any of the beautiful buildings that we saw in Pisa. And there are so many of them! I'm not really a big fan of architecture but I admit, Pisa with its marbles is breathtaking! And Florence (that will have a post of its own) was even more stunning. So in the end I'm happy we visited those places and who knows, maybe some day we will be back and get to see the rest. But even a stroll around Pisa was soothing. It's a beautiful city and I was surprised that there were not so many tourists around. I love Italy for its narrow streets, quaint cobbled routes, coffee terraces and restaurants and coffee itself, beautiful people (oh dear they are all so elegant, I adore watching them!) and many many more.








When we finished the tour around Pisa we headed to Lucca, a very small but picturesque town to the east. It's well known for its city fortifications and thick walls that now serve as walking paths. It was exactly there that the formerly mentioned "Top gear" episode was shot. Lovely place.







It was still not the end of the day but stay tuned for the rest that will follow in another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment